PTSD Treatment Near Robbinsville
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can disturb your life and make it difficult to operate on a daily basis. Fortunately, specialized treatment can make a difference. If you’re ready to work through traumatic past experiences and move forward with your life, reach out to The Counseling Center At Robbinsville at 609-806-5083 today. We offer respectful, skilled PTSD treatment near Robbinsville for adolescents, adults, and veterans in a protected environment.
What Is PTSD?
The psychiatric disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder may occur if you endure or observe a traumatic event or succession of events.
This includes war, abuse or violence, rape or sexual assaults, grave accidents, natural disasters, intimidation, or any other intense or persistent occurrence that threatens your health. Any person can suffer from PTSD at any time in their life.
PTSD can become debilitating when symptoms get in the way of living a normal, content life. These symptoms can include
- Stressful feelings even when you are no longer in danger
- Invasive thoughts and visions about the traumatizing occurrence
- Graphic flashbacks to the event
- Repressing portions of the past trauma
- Keeping away from reminders of the incident, such as locations or people involved
- Feelings of mortification or blaming oneself
- Continual fear and suspicion
- Lack of concentration
- Easily startled
- Constantly on the defensive and untrusting
- Trouble sleeping
- Irritability and anger
- Diminished interest in activities once enjoyed
- Withdrawing from friends and family or feelings of isolation
- Careless or self-destructive behaviors
- Hopelessness or feeling emotionally numb
Many individuals endure these sorts of symptoms in the time period after a traumatic event. With that being said, PTSD may also emerge years after the traumatic occurrence. Some individuals may even experience PTSD by hearing that someone else -- like a family member or a close friend -- went through a life-altering incident. You might have PTSD if your symptoms persist beyond a month and inhibit you from functioning as you typically would.
If you are battling PTSD, the compassionate therapists at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Robbinsville are ready to help. Our competent staff know what you’re facing and has expertise helping people like you cope with PTSD. Contact us at 609-806-5083 today to arrange an evaluation and talk about how we are able to help you deal with past incidents.
How Does The Counseling Center Treat PTSD?
Nothing can alter the fact that you have experienced trauma, but expert PTSD treatment near Robbinsville can halt it from ruining your life. The Counseling Center supplies specialized therapy and medical treatment for PTSD as a facet of our comprehensive mental health services. We’ll work with you at your own pace to help you recover from trauma and cope with the symptoms of PTSD so you are able to lead a life that is happier and more productive.
We hold the belief that effective PTSD treatment begins with customized care. Your experience of and reaction to trauma aren’t the same as anyone else’s, so neither should your treatment. After reviewing your health records and symptoms, we’ll create a tailored treatment plan with evidence-based therapy and medicine to match your unique needs for treating PTSD. Contact us at 609-806-5083 today to set up an evaluation and begin customized PTSD treatment near Robbinsville .
Skilled PTSD Therapy Near Robbinsville
Discussing your experiences and emotions with a certified therapist is vital for PTSD treatment. Our therapists understand the devastating nature of trauma and we keep that in mind during conversations. In treatment, you’ll have the opportunity to modify detrimental thought patterns, learn healthy coping techniques, and start to heal. Together, we can help you to a spot where you’re not just enduring but flourishing in spite of past trauma.
The licensed therapists at The Counseling Center employ various kinds of PTSD therapy near Robbinsville . We will suggest the options we believe will best meet your needs. These might include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that focuses on how traumatic events have impacted all aspects of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to identify manners of thinking that are keeping you from healing
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to work on coping skills for handling the adverse emotions arising from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to find the inner motivation, so you can make the needed changes to advance healing and living a healthy life
Utilizing Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can cause several physical and mental symptoms that make life hard. There are some symptoms that can be controlled with the proper prescription drugs when coupled with PTSD therapy near Robbinsville . Our skilled medical team will work with you to determine when medication is required and find the right one for you. We’ll also perform necessary changes and are always here to take questions to ensure your medicine remains beneficial and safe for you.
Why Go To Our Robbinsville PTSD Treatment Center?
You shouldn’t have to grapple with PTSD on your own. The Counseling Center is ready to guide you, and we offer the best care possible to help you meet your goals for dealing with your stressors and trauma. All that we provide at our PTSD treatment center near Robbinsville puts an emphasis on you as the patient. That includes:
- Credentialed, experienced clinicians and therapists
- Established therapy and prescription treatments for PTSD
- Care customized for you
- Multiple types of mental health care
- Centrally located near Robbinsville
- Hybrid schedules with telehealth appointment options
- Major insurance plans welcomed
- Specialized treatment for co-occurring drug or alcohol disorders
- Compassionate, respectful care
Start PTSD Treatment Near Robbinsville
If you are dealing with PTSD, you deserve help. Call 609-806-5083 or submit the form, and we will respond right away to enroll you in PTSD treatment. We always answer, irregardless of the day or time. We are here to support you today.